Your success is highly related to your attitude and thinking. Thus, some key points need to be considered when trying to establish that success mindset.
1. Preparation and Repetition are Key
Do you know some of those people who seem like they have all the talent and are doing well in everything they try? Most of the time, we are jealous of those people, but nobody ever considers the hard work behind great work. No matter what kind of field or work, you will always fare better with preparation than without. When you know that you have put hours of preparation into a presentation, you will perform better because you have the confidence to do so. There is a beautiful saying, “We have a strategic plan. It is called doing things!”
While preparation is key to success, make sure not to get overwhelmed by it. Most people spend lots of time on preparation without ever executing — do not be like most people! Prepare well and execute hard.
2. Embrace Challenges
Success is all about embracing challenges and new opportunities. If you do not take chances because you do not feel ready, you will never succeed. The most successful people are those who take on challenges and try to do their best.
3. Be Responsible
If you manage to believe that you are responsible for everything that goes on in your life, then you are already ahead of most people. Most of us think that the circumstances are the reason for our failures. People who hold themselves accountable are much more in control of their lives, and they know that they have the power of their lives. Studies show that by our 18th birthday, we have heard the words ‘’you can’t do that’’ up to 200,000 times — thus, it is even more critical to establish the right mindset and believe that we are responsible for everything that happens to us. Be hard to yourself, and life will be easy. If you take it easy, it will be hard!
4. Take Care of Yourself and Grow
The more you take care of yourself, and the better you feel, the better decisions you can make. Well-being is highly relevant when it comes to being productive and successful. Additionally, the quality of our lives depends on the amount of growth we can comfortably live with. Constant growth leads to high self-fulfillment. When we look at our schedules, even the busiest of us have quite a high number of minutes or even hours per day that we could use more wisely. Imagine spending each minute during your commute listening to podcasts, audio-books, or other quality content. In most cases, this would equate to several weeks of personal development each year.
5. Be Your Best Version
Comparing yourself with other people mostly encourages you to aim for average. If your focus is above average, you have to ignore others and focus on becoming the best version of yourself. Only comparing yourself to your best will help you improve and focus on the path to success. Average is exhausting, passion, however, unleashes energy.
6. What Top Performers Do Differently
Have you ever been wondering about what differentiates the real top performers from the average people? It is those four things that they do differently:
- Regular Routines: Top performers improve and train regularly, which is what differentiates them from the crowd. Most people start with training and routines but give up as soon as it gets hard. That’s the point where the successful ones go the extra mile and push through their comfort zones.
- Coaching, Mentoring & Feedback: Many people are selfish and think too narrow-mindedly when it comes to getting help. Getting coaches, mentors, and people who give you constant feedback is the best that you could do. Not only will you benefit from their experiences, but they can expedite your progress by showing you your strengths and weaknesses.
- Resistance: The last thing that highly successful people have in common is resistance. When aiming for high goals, there will always be barriers and difficulties. There is nothing like the overnight success most people are seeking. Success is a long process that is only accessible to the most resistant ones.
- Sustainable Decisions: Decision-making is hard. Especially when it comes to big decisions that can relate to massive changes, successful people know themselves well and are aware of their thinking and their process of decision making. If you have clear visions and goals, then you will have leading points in your life that will help you make the right decisions.
So, will you be average, or will you succeed?