MONEY TALKS

13 Traits of People Who Are Good With Money

Over time, tiny differences can make a huge difference.

Sinem Günel
9 min readAug 8, 2020

--

What do people with lots of money do differently?
Image credit: teksomolika

I didn’t grow up with lots of money. Neither did I ever work in a job that paid well.

I worked as a waitress, in a call center, and much more when I was a teenager because I wanted to be financially independent as soon as possible. I lived with my parents until one year ago, but I barely let them pay for my personal expenses after I had my first job at the age of 15.

For the following seven years, I worked in various positions while finishing school and my studies. Besides, I built my own business by helping students to tap into personal development and unleash their full potential. I worked at 6 am before heading to my internship and at 11 pm after studying for my final exams.

If money were my only motivation, I’d not persevered for long.

My main driver to work instead of joining student parties was freedom. Ever since I tapped into entrepreneurship and read the biographies of successful people, I knew I wanted to live life on my own terms. And I was willing to make many sacrifices in order to create that life.

While money is only one of many components for a life full of freedom and abundance, it’s an important one.

At its core, money is energy.

Only 8% of the global money supply is stored physically as banknotes or coins. The remaining 92% is digital money, meaning that the majority of global money supplies is stored as electricity. And electricity is energy too.

As most of us grow up believing that having money is a privilege reserved to a few people, these limiting beliefs hold us back from increasing our income.

Yet, the good news is that you can change your thoughts as well as your behavior one day at a time.

There’s no such thing as an overnight success and you’ll not become a millionaire by changing your mindset. But given you take the following advice seriously and move forward one step at a time, you certainly have good chances to improve your financial status.

They Know That Working Hard Doesn’t Lead to…

--

--